Accurate? Yes. Firerate? Pretty high. I have made my conclusion, this gun is clearly better than the AK- oh wait, it has a 4 second reload time?
|The Thompson is a Submachine Gun. It contains high firerate and a extended magazine. It is extremely accurate.|
|Type of Weapon||Primary Firearm|
|Ammo / Round||40/1 (80 total)|
|Implemented||25K Update (Alpha v0.0.4)|
Used by the Americans, now used by the survivors in the apocalypse! Many decide this is the superior weapon to the Ak-47 because of the accuracy, huge magazine size, far range, and cheaper cost. Its downfall is its damage and reload time. I mean, you wait 4 seconds for the Minigun or the FAMAS to be reloaded but why the Thompson? Just don't question it, blame the person who made this gun.
The Thompson submachine gun (nicknamed the Thompson or Tommy Gun) is an American submachine gun, invented by John T. Thompson in 1918, that became infamous during the Prohibition era. It has been notably used in mafias and American police forces in that time.
- The Thompson depletes its ammunition quickly when used carelessly, so be wary.
- The Thompson is very effective when near an ammo source, as you can skip the long reload animation.
- The Thompson has a ridiculous accuracy for its fast firerate.
- This gun can be fired accurately up to a far range. You can pick off zombies from a greater distance than most other automatics can when using the Thompson.
- It is recommended to bring a reliable secondary when using this weapon, such as the MP5 or Rambo. You can reload quickly with the MP5 and kill more zombies as you are reloading the Thompson, or escape with the Rambo Jump or defend yourself against close zombies with the Rambo while reloading.
- This and the AK-47 have very similar stats so it's argued which is better.
- It is outclassed by the AK-47 by damage and reload speed.
- Unlike its R2DA counterpart, this has a circular drum mag.
- However, as of R2DA Update 1.1.4, the Thompson (R2DA) has been given the Drum Mag attachment, and when attached, changes the clip size to 40 and magically lowers the accuracy by 10.
- While this has been officially added at v0.0.4, it has been seen with moderator+, before this update, for testing purposes.