I don't think that you swing a Katana like the way they do in animes.. But who cares, this is R2D!
|An ancient and versatile sword capable of cutting through even the most stubborn of zombies. Senpai will be proud of you!|
|Type of Weapon||Secondary Melee|
The Katana is a powerful weapon, arguably on the level of the Chainsaw and the classic Rambo Knife. The Katana can be swung at an incredibly high rate and damage Smoker tongues on contact. One of the animations spins the sword around, damaging all around the Survivor. The Katana does, however, use a low amount of energy for each swing. If paired with the Straw Hat and an effective primary it is a very formidable weapon indeed. Alternatively, you could not use a primary with the Straw Hat and gain an extra +100HP. Depends on your playstyle.
Historically, the Katana is one of the traditionally made Japanese swords that was used by the samurai of feudal Japan. Modern versions of the Katana are sometimes made using non-traditional materials and methods.
- You can run with this weapon while it is out, just like with the Rambo Knife.
- The Katana has a very fast rate of attack (taking approximately 0.5 seconds per attack), capable of dealing serious damage.
- Recommended in FFA; although guns will encounter you, so don't run like a W+M1 Pyro in Team Fortress 2.
- Using it with the Straw Hat gives a huge bonus to stamina, allowing you to run and slice through hordes to reach teammates that are in trouble or the escape vehicle at the last second.
- If un-equipped, it will rest on your back, adding a nice visual effect to the weapon.
- The Katana cannot break things like doors, and glass.
- This melee weapon uses a special type of damage similar to that of what the Chainsaw uses: damage per tick.
- Since the removal of R2D 2014, this has arguably been one of the most mentioned weapons from players today.