This feature hasn't been added to R2DR yet, however, it may in the future
KABOOM! This is the grenade of the 21st century!
The Crossbow is an explosive weapon, capable of doing major damage when used properly. It is the only explosive weapon that is allowed in FFA (Free For All). Best used to set traps, and defend positions. Effective against Tanks yet seems very weak. Who even thought of putting explosives on an arrow anyway?
A Crossbow is a bow mounted on a stick (called a tiller or stock) with a mechanism in it which holds the drawn bow string. The earliest designs featured a slot in the stock, down into which the string was placed.
- Yes, explosive arrows will kill you. They have a timer of 4 seconds.
- Very effective next to ammo tables.
- To hide the arrow, you can shoot corners or edges of floors and walls. This can make a surprise attack on unsuspecting zombies near it.
- Originally unable to be refilled, but has since then been buffed to do so in R2D (2014).
- Arrows are always explosive, doesn't matter if they stick to surfaces or zombies.
- There was a glitch that allows you to keep shooting arrows in a burst when standing next to an ammo table. It was fixed soon after.
- Before it was fixed, it was common (but not much) to see survivors with this spamming a blocked door right next to an ammo table.
- There was a time where the arrows weren't explosive during R2D 2014.